8.11.2011

7 P.G. Wodehouse Quotes

1. She gave me the impression of being one of those quiet, sympathetic girls whom you could tell your troubles to in the certain confidence of having your hand held and your head patted. The sort of girl you could go to and say, "I say, I've just committed a murder and it's worrying me rather," and she would reply, "There, there, try not to think about it, it's the sort of thing that might happen to anybody."

2. Our views on each other were definite. His was that what England needed if it was to become a land fit for heroes to live in was fewer and better Woosters, while I had always felt that there was nothing wrong with England that a ton of bricks falling from a height on Spode's head wouldn't cure.

3. "No, he came quite openly invited by my future wife. She as a sort of sentimental pity for him. I think she hopes to reform him."
"Girls will be girls."
"Yes, but I wish they wouldn't."

4. And then she said "Oh!" in that choked kind of way. And when a woman says "Oh!" like that it means all the bad words she'd love to say if she only knew them.

5. ...Gussie, a glutton for punishment, stared at himself in the mirror.

6. Am taking legal advice to ascertain whether strangling an idiot nephew counts as murder. If it doesn't look out for yourself.

7. The Woosters do not like drinking alone particularly with a critical eye watching to see if their arteries are hardening...

No comments: